Firstly, the good news - we have got through the stringent risk assessment procedure and are able to open for Sunday worship. Thanks to all who have enabled this to happen, especially wardens and the cleaning group. So we are open from Sunday 2nd August at 9.30am.
We fully understand that some will not feel able to come back at this time, and entirely respect that. Please do stay in touch and we look forward to welcoming you back when you feel able. Please continue to access our services online, which will continue for the forseeable future.
Secondly, what we have had to put in place in order to re-open, as with any business re-opening since Covid, is a set of various safety measures. Please read through these so you know what to expect if you come, and we trust this will give you confidence in the safety of coming. So here is some of what you can expect on Sunday:
So it will all feel a bit different, and there are things we will miss. However, it will be good to be back and worshipping together again! Even with all the changes, we trust it will still feel a welcoming place to come and worship.
- Entrance is only via Oystermouth Rd. (the toilets in the hall will be open).
- Hands are sanitised on entry and exit. You will need to complete a track and trace form.
- You will be given a service book - please take this away with you and bring it back next time you come, rather than return it.
- Seating will be 2m apart from others except those in your household or extended household group. We have a 'tick and cross' system to show where it is ok to sit. Please remain in your seats and don't wander around the church.
- Physical distancing of 2m needs to be adhered to at all times.
- We are not able to run Sunday school.
- Unfortunately we are not permitted to sing, or use the organ, so it will be a 'said' service. We will however have a variety of beautiful and uplifting music playing before and after the service, and during communion - classical, gospel, choral, Celtic and more!
- The offering will be put in a plate rather than 'collected'.
- Communion will be just the wafer, no shared cup. Further instructions regarding communion will be given in the service.
- We are unable to serve tea and coffee after the service.
- We will not be holding the Thursday morning eucharist service at this time.